- The Benthall Pottery Company produced commemorative pieces for the following royal occasions:
- 1897 Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria
- 1902 coronation of King Edward VII
- 1911 coronation of King George V
- 1937 coronation of King George VI
- An article in the Wellington Journal & Shrewsbury News, 20 February 1937, records that the potter Richard Whitmore was producing commemorative pieces for the forthcoming coronation of King George VI, and that he had produced similar pieces for the coronations of King Edward VII (1902) and King George V (1911). A photograph with the article shows some of the 1937 pieces, which are clearly transfer-printed.
- Examples of the 1902 and 1937 coronation pieces have not yet been recorded. If you have a piece, salopianartpottery.co.uk would be very interested to hear from you. Please use thecontact formto get